Health Secretary James Fong says the 55-year-old woman from Nabua was attended to by a ministry response team at a medical facility.
The woman was transferred to the Colonial War Memorial Hospital after she reported having severe symptoms of COVID-19.
"Her condition worsened in hospital and she died two days after admission. She was not vaccinated," Dr Fong said.
He said there had been two more deaths of COVID positive patients.
"However, their deaths have been classified as non-COVID related by their doctors who have determined that their deaths were caused by serious pre-existing medical conditions."
On Friday, the ministry announced 860 positive cases and three deaths.
All three patients were not vaccinated against the virus.
A 56-year-old man from Davuilevu in Nausori was admitted to the Colonial War Memorial Hospital in Suva with COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever and generalised body pains).
Dr Fong said the man had been unwell for two weeks and his condition worsened in hospital. He died three days after admission.
"The second COVID-19 death is a 68-year-old man from Suva who was referred to the CWM Hospital from the Samabula screening clinic," Dr Fong said.
"He was noted to be in severe respiratory distress and his condition worsened in the hospital."
He died one day after admission.
Dr Fong said a 69-year-old woman from Nabua was referred to the CWM Hospital from the Samabula Health Centre.
"She presented in severe respiratory distress. Her condition worsened in hospital and she died on the same day."
Dr Fong said another death, a 15-year-old who had tested positive to COVID, is being investigated to determine the cause.