Anthony Joshua

Anthony Joshua responds to 'sportwashing' Saudi human rights claims

Joshua is trying to reclaim three of the heavyweight world titles he lost to Ruiz in June by beating the American on Sunday morning in Diriyah.

Human Rights campaigners have criticised the fight's location and urged Joshua to "speak out" about issues in the country.

"In the future maybe I can bear a different kind of flag," Joshua said.

"But at the minute it's a world championship flag. I just want to do a job."

Joshua taking tips from old foe Klitschko ahead of Ruiz rematch

Mexican-American Ruiz produced one of boxing's biggest upsets when he dethroned the previously undefeated world champion Joshua with a seventh-round stoppage at New York's Madison Square Garden in June.

Klitschko was defeated by Joshua in 2017 at Wembley Stadium with a technical knockout and the two boxers have stayed in touch even after the Ukrainian retired later that year at the age of 41.

"He said loads of stuff to me, Wlad was definitely ahead of the game. He's more disciplined than me, he's more diplomatic," Joshua told British media.

Joshua explains Ruiz remark

Heavyweight Joshua suffered a shock loss – the first of his professional career – at the hands of replacement opponent Ruiz back in June.

In the build-up to their title rematch in Saudi Arabia on December 7, the Brit sought to clarify remarks he made that appeared to suggest Ruiz got lucky with the punch that settled matters first time around.

Whyte v Wach added to undercard

The Briton beat Oscar Rivas on points in July but was later stripped of his WBC interim heavyweight title and status as mandatory challenger to champion Deontay Wilder by the sanctioning body.

That came after it was reported the 31-year-old had tested positive for a banned substance before the bout in a test administered by the UK Anti-Doping Agency.

However, he is clear to fight in Saudi Arabia on December 7 against Poland's Wach.

Joshua predicts 'iconic' night in December rematch with Ruiz Jr

Heavyweight Joshua is aiming to reclaim the IBF, WBA and WBO titles after suffering a shock loss - the first of his professional career - at the hands of replacement opponent Ruiz back in June.

Having dropped his rival earlier in the round, the Briton was sensationally floored in the third. He was also knocked down twice in the seventh, leading to the contest being stopped.

Andy Ruiz Jr plans long reign

Ruiz shocked the world by unseating the British heavyweight in June, with Joshua delivering an underwhelming performance at Madison Square Garden.

The WBA, IBF and WBO and belts will again be on the line for the December 7 rematch, which is controversially being held in Saudi Arabia, and Ruiz will not give them up easily.

Joshua-Ruiz 'can change boxing'

Joshua lost his WBA, WBO and IBF belts to Ruiz in a stunning upset at Madison Square Garden in June.

Matchroom Boxing last week confirmed a rematch for December 7 in Riyadh, with Ruiz having refused to fight in Britain.

The Mexican-American is yet to comment on the scheduled fight, but Matchroom promoter Hearn told a news conference on Monday: "Both fighters signed for this fight. The governing bodies have been informed."

Joshua only interested in Ruiz bout

Ruiz caused a major upset when he defeated Joshua - making his debut in the United States - by technical knockout in the seventh round of the June 1 fight to claim the WBA, IBF and WBO titles.

A rematch is likely to take place in November or December, though a venue is yet to be decided.

Joshua's choice is Cardiff's Principality Stadium, but Ruiz has refused to fight in the UK and a neutral venue is expected to be confirmed.

However, Joshua insists he is paying little attention to the negotiations and is solely focused on regaining his titles.

Ruiz vows to win rematch as Joshua is 'not good at boxing'

Ruiz was sensationally crowned IBF, WBA and WBO world heavyweight champion by stopping Joshua at Madison Square Garden at the start of this month.

The Mexican is set to face Joshua in a rematch later this year and says the 2012 Olympic champion does not have the skills to reclaim his belts.

Ruiz said: "The rematch is going to be the same. I am going to be more prepared and more ready.

"I know his flaws. I can do a lot better. The only thing that he can do is just run around, he's not good at boxing."

Joshua v Ruiz rematch confirmed

Hearn said a deal has been clinched that will see the rematch take place in November or December.

Joshua lost his WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight belts after a shock seventh-round TKO at the hands of challenger Ruiz at Madison Square Garden in New York on Saturday.

The new fight deal was struck in accordance with what Joshua and trainer Rob McCracken wanted, Hearn indicated.